What is a Family Mentor?
The Family Mentor works with Chester County families whose children are involved in any of the child serving systems. A Family Mentor helps the family to become more self-empowered to get their needs met.
Who does a Family Mentor work with?
The Family Mentor assists Chester County families whose children have emotional or behavioral disorders and are involved in any of the child serving systems to remain safely and productively in the home, school and community, or assist families in the transition when a child must go to an out-of-home placement or to help.
How can a Family Mentor assist my family
The Family Mentor can...
- Work with your family to identify your child’s and family’s needs so that your child can remain safely in your home, school and community or return to your home, school and community
- Provide coaching in preparation for and participation in treatment team and service planning meetings
- Help you identify natural family, community and school supports and help you develop plans to utilize those supports to meet your needs
- Identify any child serving systems that may assist your family
- Assist with communication with child serving systems and providers
- Talk with your family after meetings to make sure that you understood everything that was discussed and decisions that were made
How do I get a Family Mentor to work with my family?
Parents contact Child & Family Focus, Inc. at 610-925-4683.
How long will the Family Mentor work with my family?
The Family Mentor is available to work with your family until you feel your family no longer needs assistance.
Is there a charge for the Family Mentor services?
No, the Family Mentor services are free to the family and are funded by the Chester County Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation.
Please check out Family Outreach's latest newsletter!