Application Process to Provide Respite in Their Homes
Respite Care applicants and Therapeutic Foster Care applicants undergo the same application and approval process.
- Initial contact – Feel free to reach us by phone or email:
Chester / Delaware Counties: 610-783-1788 x248
Bucks / Montgomery Counties: 215-957-9771 x245
- Further information - A Child and Family Focus, Inc. (CFF) staff member will follow up with you to further discuss our Respite Care program, and answer any questions you may have. At this time, we will arrange to mail to you an informational packet, including an application. You may also obtain this information by:
- Clicking on the appropriate links below and printing out the documents (in MS Word or pdf format).
- OR -
- Emailing your name, address, and phone number to
with "Respite Info Request" in the subject line.
- Application – entire application must be completed and mailed to the address listed.
- Secondary Provider Application (where applicable) – to be completed by the applicant’s spouse or other adult residing in the home, and then returned to CFF.
- Application review - We will review the submitted application(s) and contact necessary references.
- Initial Home Study Visit - If the above goes satisfactorily, a CFF staff member will contact you to arrange an initial home study visit, depending where you would like to provide respite services.
- Paperwork Collection - We will work with you to discuss and collect the following forms and documentation:
FORMS to be completed - Please follow specific instructions regarding where to mail each form.
DOCUMENTATION – copies of the following must be sent to CFF for all adults (18+) living in your home, where appropriate.
- *PA Child Abuse History Clearance – Section I must be filled out and returned to CFF with your Respite Care Application (CFF will mail the form, along with the $10 processing fee, to the PA Department of Public Welfare). Results from the DPW will be sent to your home and then must be forwarded to CFF.
- *Request for Criminal Record Check – Part I must be filled out and returned to CFF with your Respite Care Application. CFF should be specified as the requester, which establishes that the results be sent directly to CFF. (CFF will mail the form, along with the $10 processing fee, to the PA State Police).
- FBI Identification Record Request – This is required to be completed and returned to CFF for all individuals 18 or over in your home. CFF will register you for an FBI check online and provide you a registration number. You will be required to obtain fingerprints at a local designated site.
- Physical form for medical clearance – must be completed by your primary care physician during an office visit, and then provided to CFF.
* Each member of your household age 14 and over must complete this form. Should you become an approved respite care provider with us, we will reimburse you for the $10 fee attached to each request.
- Car insurance policy
- Driver’s license
- Homeowner’s/Renter’s insurance policy
- Water Potability test results (required for applicants using well water).
- Fire Safety Inspection letter* and Fire Safety Checklist from your local fire department, sent directly to CFF.
TIP FOR A SPEEDY APPLICATION PROCESS: Please understand that the above paperwork is required for ensuring the safety and welfare of our community’s children, and does take time to complete. With this in mind, feel free to turn any of the above paperwork in with your application, or at the time of the initial home study, in order to speed up your application process.
*Please contact your local Fire Department to request that they conduct this Fire Safety Inspection, which is usually free of charge. We require that the fire department follow up with a letter (on letterhead), stating that your home (including address) meets fire and safety regulations.
- Follow-up Home Study visit.
- Comprehensive Review
- The CFF Respite Care team will review compiled paperwork and home study information to determine respite provider approval.
- If the applicant(s) meet(s) all qualifications, he/she/they will be notified; Step 2 (below) will follow.
- If the applicant(s) fail(s) to meet all requirements, he/she/they will be notified and given recommendations as to what services better meet his/her/their qualifications.
- Acceptance Meeting - The CFF Respite Care team and Executive Director will hold a meeting to officially approve and welcome the applicant(s), and to provide answers to any questions.
Respite Care providers with Child and Family Focus, Inc. must read and agree to the following: Mandated Reporting in Pennsylvania