Extended Assessment Program (EA)
Extended Assessment Process
- Step 1: Referral call for Extended Assessment is received
- Step 2: Intake appointment is scheduled within 7 days, extensive ICA is completed
- Step 3: Functional Behavioral Assessment will be completed if additional information is needed
- Step 4: Psychological evaluation is held to recommend services
- Step 5: Interagency Team Meeting is held to discuss recommendations and complete authorization request
- Step 6: Authorization request is submitted to Magellan Behavioral Health
- Step 7: Families receive resource links and services begin if approved
What are possible outcomes from the Extended Assessment process?
As a result of the Extended Assessment process the following services may be recommended if deemed medically necessary. CFF also provides all families with community resource information.
- Out Patient Therapy
- Case Management Services
- Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services
- Family Based Mental Health Services
- Therapeutic Foster Care
- Partial or Inpatient Hospitalization
- Residential Treatment Facility
- Family Focused Solution Based Services (FFSBS)
- Multi-Systemmic Therapy (MST)
- Hi-Fidelity Wraparound
- Functional Family Therapy (FFT)
- Respite Services
Who is eligible for Extended Assessment?
The child must be younger than 21 years, a resident of Montgomery County, have a documented mental health diagnosis and have Medical Assistance.
How can my child be referred?
The following people may refer a child to Extended Assessment:
- Teachers/Guidance Counselors
- Social Workers
- Case Managers
Referrals can be made by calling an Extended Assessment Coordinator at 215-366-5300 ext 343.