The Prevention Education Program (PEP) is committed to decreasing the initiation and use of drugs & alcohol by youth and young adults through awareness education and promotion of positive relationships and healthy life skills.
PEP provides a continuum of programs proven to reduce substance use by youth and young adults. The programs for youth promote healthy alternatives to risky behavior through activities designed to:
- Increase their awareness of the risks of substance abuse
- Teach them the necessary skills to resist risky behaviors
- Help them to develop greater self-esteem and self-confidence
- Enable them to effectively utilize coping skills
PEP recognizes the important role families play in encouraging healthy behaviors and preventing substance use. Programs for parents and families are designed to provide knowledge, enhance skills and strengthen positive family interactions.
- LifeSkills Training
- Project Alert
- Project Success
- Teen Intervene
- Strong African American Families
- Customized Speaking Engagements
For more information about the Prevention Education Program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (610) 325-3131 ext 3. We look forward to partnering with you!
Programming is coordinated by Child and Family Focus, Inc. and funded by the Delaware County Office of Behavioral Health, Division of Drug and Alcohol.